Sunday, January 23, 2011

How Does a Chant at Yost Begin?


So Friday night, I walk into Yost and go to my seat. There's a group of kids, not sure what age they were, but they definitely weren't regulars. This one kid was obsessed with Carl Hagelin. Through out the night, he would yell "give it to Carl" or "Carl's my boy," you know general fanboy fodder. They were just being obnoxious before the game, and I gave them a look. One of the kids asked me "you want in on this." Now I thought they were just drinking or something, but I wouldn't have been surprised if it was something else.

Anyway, these kids were just awful. They were sitting in the student section but had no interest in chanting with the student section. After a while, it sounded like they got bored with Carl, and started chanting "Beat that ass." It was really awkward for us regulars. We all just gave each other looks and rolled our eyes. It was annoying but partially funny.

Well, after one of the goals, one of the kids threw that ball on the ice. Kid tried to take and blow my vuvuzela too, which I snatched before he even took it (this is where I had had enough of this fucktard). The Alaska goalie was hilarious though.

So last night (YES THE THREAD TITLE HAD A POINT), whenever Michigan got into a skirmish, we broke out into chants of "Beat that ass." It was more a hilarious recall to an awkward yet entertaining night. I'm just glad I didn't get into a fight with that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment