Saturday, August 13, 2011

The New Front-Runner?

As was widely confirmed, Rick Perry declared his candidacy for President of the United States of America.


With his speech, Perry juxtaposes himself as the business and private enterprise friendly candidate who will restore American pride. As I said before, he is in many ways the anti-Obama.

While I am wary of Perry's social stances in regards to abortion and gay marriage, I was impressed and even moved by his speech. I think he did a great job of appealing to Americans' patriotic values as well as outlining his plans to help America grow in the future.

I believe Perry has a much stronger understanding of what it will take for America to get back on its feet than the current administration. Some of the things that he wants to do is simplify the tax system, repeal ObamaCare, get our credit rating back to AAA, and create jobs - create, innovate, and succeed.

Listen, we're going to need someone who is going to encourage private enterprise. Recovery isn't going to happen through fiscal spending. While infrastructure improvements and updates are necessary, the real long term growth is going to come from a reassurance of our private sector and through the encouragement of innovation. We need a President that understands these needs. Rick Perry understands.

While I will not confirm that he's my favorite candidate, I will say he has catapulted himself to the front of the GOP race for the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment