Monday, December 28, 2009

Aaron Lennon

Since I'm up and footy is being played, naturally I'm watching football. Even if it's Tottenham, I'm watching. The game is not even 20 minutes in, and I have to admit that Aaron Lennon is one of the best players in England right now. There are certainly players playing better football in England right now like Fàbregas, Drogba, Tevez, and Rooney. However, Lennon should be considered among these players.

His role in creating for Modric's goal was pivotal. I think the problem with Tottenham is that they don't have any other threats. I'm watching Modric, who is supposed to be their creative force and I see even him looking for Lennon. It seems like defenses will be able to key in on Lennon, preventing him from getting the ball and trying to contain him. I say "trying" because with his pace and skill, that he can create space and attacking opportunities out of nothing. He is turning into something special.

He is definitely securing a position in South Africa with his performances.

No comments:

Post a Comment