Saturday, February 18, 2012

Why am I so excited to see Colin Quinn?

So I'm seeing Colin Quinn's Long Story Short tonight down at Foxwoods. Quinn has become one of my favorite comedians over the last several months, from watching Tough Crowd clips on Youtube. Over the course of these shows, I've grown to appreciate not only his intellectualism that he infuses into his jokes, but also his promotion of other comics. He gave an outlet for comics like Patrice O'Neal, Greg Giraldo, and Jim Norton to display their comic prowess. He was also on SNL as the Irish drunk:


The guy has had a long career in television, which started as an announcer/sidekick on MTV's Remote Control. He also performed on HBO's One Night Stand:


He's had a long career. While it hasn't been the most successful, he's made a lot of people laugh. One of my personal favorites is his performance in the roast of Artie Lange:

So yeah, I'm pretty fucking amped to see this critically acclaimed show. It was between this and Bill Burr, but I wanted to see this before he stops performing it. I can see Burr another day. Jerry Seinfeld directed Long Story Short, and I can't wait.

What I am not looking forward to the drive to Foxwoods. I could've seen this at the Wilbur, but I was too lazy. This is the price I have to pay. Whatever, it should be a great show full of laughs. May be I'll have a review of it tomorrow if I feel up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment