Tuesday, January 12, 2010

US Names 18 Cities for Its World Cup Bid

Here are the cities:
Eighteen cities were named on Tuesday as part of a United States bid for the 2018 or 2022 soccer World Cup, with Chicago notably absent from the list.

The 18 cities, including New York, Los Angeles, Miami, Dallas and Boston, have stadiums with average seating capacities of 78,000.

Other cities named in the bid that will be presented to FIFA on May 14 were Atlanta, Baltimore, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Nashville, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa and Washington, D.C.
Personally, I haven't viewed all the bids to decide which one I'm behind. I'd love to see another World Cup in the States seeing as I was in India during the last one. However, I'm leaning towards providing my support to the English bid.

No comments:

Post a Comment