Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Euro Dive


The Euro has been getting killed by recent concerns with Greece, Spain, and Portugal:
The euro slumped to a four-year low against the dollar on Tuesday as investors balked at a move by Germany to ban certain kinds of bearish trades against stocks and bonds.
I'm going to Spain in August and my dad asked me if he should buy Euros...when the Euro was at 1.43$/€. I told him the Euro was going to tank:
The euro fell as low as $1.2165 from $1.2384 Monday. The euro has declined 14.7% from the beginning of the year, when it fetched more than $1.43.
I hate it when I'm right.

2 comments:

  1. You've been calling for the fall of the Euro and Pound for a while now Shep. Structurally they both suck donkey balls.

    "I wake each morning to Shep's Universe, Bloomberg, and wwtdd.com. Shep is a bloody genius."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't be surprised if Spain defaulted on its debt, starting riots with no flights allowed to come back because of volcanic ash when I'm there. That would just be fitting.

    ReplyDelete