Sunday, April 11, 2010

Phil Mickelson Wins The Masters


I try to limit my sports related posts, but the Masters is a pretty significant event. Additionally, Phil Mickelson is a great story. At least his wife is. She is undergoing treatment for Breast Cancer, so Mickelson's win left my room a little dusty. I'm really happy for him and his family. It was great to see her there with him to celebrate his triumph, hopefully she will have a similar triumph in her battle with cancer. Here is what the champion had to say:
"We've been through a lot this year. It means a lot to share some joy together," Mickelson said, his voice cracking as he struggled to keep control. "It's been such an incredible week, an emotional week. And to cap it off with a victory is something I can't put into words.

"It's something we'll share for the rest of our lives."
Congratulations Phil!

No comments:

Post a Comment