Friday, May 21, 2010

Air India Crash

Not surprised at all considering Air India is one of the worst airlines in the world. I was unaware that Mangalore had international flights. This airport is so freaking tiny. Over shooting the runway, that could cause serious problems. Oh yes, the story:
(CNN) -- A plane crash in western India early Saturday has killed more than 160 passengers, an Indian official said.

V.S. Acharya, the home minister of India's Karnataka state, told CNN-IBN he thought about five or or six people had survived the crash.

The Air India plane was carrying 165 passengers and went down around 6:30 a.m. (9 p.m. ET Friday) near the Mangalore airport, CNN-IBN reported, citing an airline spokesman.

The plane burst into flames after overshooting the runway on a flight from Dubai, CNN-IBN reported.
Pretty scary to me considering I have been to that airport and flown to it my entire life when visiting my grandparents.

No comments:

Post a Comment