Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snow...

...it ain't what it used to be.

I remember as a kid, snow was cold, soft, and wet. Snow nowadays is so dry. It's sticky, but it's not slippery. You can't slide around in it. I can't imagine how it is to sled or ski. It's inferior to the snow of yesteryear. It's really sad and depressing, and I would have to guess that the change in the composition of snow is due to environmental changes from anthropogenic pollution. With rain, you don't really notice differences. It can be annoying and it'll make you have to go slower on the highway, but you don't see or feel the differences. With snow, you can hold it, you can play with it, you can play in it. Well, I don't think you can get the same enjoyment from snow as you could back in my childhood days. I can only imagine how good snow was in the childhood of those that lived here before me.

Little things that you notice have changed in your lifetime like this can be very disheartening.

No comments:

Post a Comment